Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Vintage Scooter Replacement



I'm a mod. I think 1963 - 1966 is a high point in terms of style, design and music. And I've always loved vintage scooters. I've had a few of them over the years and they're a blast. But this car is, in my mind, the ultimate. I've driven this '63 356 Super for 10 years now and I never tire of it (Teddy seems to like it, as well). It feels like the natural evolution of my scooter love. Now, don't get me wrong, if I lived in a more metropolitan area I would probably still have my '74 Rally 200. But I live right off the most vintage car-friendly stretch of road in the nation - Mulholland Highway through the Malibu Hills. And I've loved this car since I first saw one when I was 5. So there you go. I still feel like the Ace Face when I drive it and I hope the mod faithful understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment